Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, install and configure internal and client facing servers including routers, switches, Wi-Fi controllers, and firewalls.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, Linux and VMware technologies
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Carry out special tasks at HEAD-IT’s direction
- Interact with clients and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledgeable in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD), and possess an understanding of how to support these applications / protocols when accessed through VPN and firewall appliances.
- Perform network security design and integration.
- Diagnose problems and solve issues, often under time constraints.
- Provide network and host based security, incident response, firewall and VPN management and administration.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Monitor network usage, anticipate problems and suggest solutions.
- Manage projects and maintenance tasks in Helpdesk (ticketing system).
- Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practices.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the HEAD of IT
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (B.Tech) preferred.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years' experience for Senior Position and 3 years of experience for Junior Position.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2008/2012) /Desktop Operating Systems (XP/7/8/10)
- Managing in excess of 50 Windows & 50 Linux Server infrastructure
- Managing deployments/rollouts
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or Professional -CCNA/ CCNP MCITP Server – One is must
- Group Policy design and configuration
- Microsoft AD administration and configuration
- Knowledge of Migration of Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2013
- Administration of MS Exchange 2013
- Linux/UNIX administration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including back bone infrastructure issues
- LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, 802.1Q trunks)
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player
Exp-3- 5 years