• The candidate will be responsible for the software testing, design, planning, scripting and execution of a variety of key customer-facing and internal applications.
• The individual should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and architectures, diverse technologies.
• The individual will work closely with developers, project managers, Test Leads/Sr. Test Engineers/Trainee Test Engineers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, supporting in troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution.
• The individual should have a strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA life cycle and methodology.
• Interact with project /product management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives by Representing testing team for the assigned project.
• Creating a test environment and test product configuration management.
• Mentoring trainee test engineers and ensure they are productive and utilized in the real time project/product testing.
• Prepare and implement the STP, including testing goals and strategy.
• Ability to understand Business Requirements, SRS/PRD, DD/LLD and to design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases.
• Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function.
• Develop and lead the automation strategy/effort and generate scripts to perform automated testing cycles for Load and performance testing. Execute and analysis these test results.
• Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate, using bug tracking tools like Bugzilla and other templates like Test Cases & Results, Test Summary etc.
Essential Qualifications & Skills
Qualification: Graduation in Telecom/Information Systems/ Computer Science/ Mathematics/ any other Engineering or other related degree.
Experience: 2/3 years in QA/ Testing role in telecom industry.
Skills: The candidate should have:
• Good communication, drafting and active listening skills.
• Best Testing/ QA skills like Test-to-break attitude, good judgment skills, ability to prioritize, attention to detail and a Quality oriented mind setup.
• Good experience with different Operating Windows & Linux.
• Proficiency in MS Office especially MS Excel.
• Building effective relationships with internal/external clients to develop a Quality Product.
• Must be flexible, independent and self motivated.
• Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
• Certified Tester ISTQB or CSTE.
• Exposure to ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
• Exposure in Testing Voice Products (OBD/IBD/CRBT etc.) and Data products (SMSC/ Campaign Manager/ CMS/ USSD/ Billing Gateway etc.)
• Scripting skills in common languages like VB, JAVA, PERL, C++, etc.
• Database skills, mainly in MySQL and SQL Server.
• Knowledge of automated testing tools.
Exp-2 -3 years